Strategic Plan 2018 – 2019
Every Government school in Tasmania is driven by the Department of Education’s Strategic Plan which places “Learners First, Connected and Inspired” in everything that we do as a whole education system in this state.
At Windermere Primary School we place our Department of Education priorities into our own school context to suit our learners and our school community. Our values reflect our statewide values in education of LEARNING, EXCELLENCE, EQUITY, RESPECT & RELATIONSHIPS.
Our school priorities come to life in our School Improvement Plan attached here.
Our priorities are:
1. Effective Teaching and Learning
– Driving an explicit improvement agenda
– Implementing the Australian Curriculum
– Supporting Literacy
– Supporting Numeracy
– Supporting Digital Pedagogies
2. Respectful Schools, Respectful Behaviour
– A school wide approach to classroom and playground expectations that are shared and common to all
– Supporting student need for all
3. Connected Community
– To engage everyone within our school community
– Launching into Learning, to continue to personalise our LIL program and build strong connections with our families and the Child and Family Centre (CFC) in Chigwell